Saturday, August 30, 2014

Diamonds Shining in Congo!

For months I prayed for this trip to Congo. I asked the Lord for a vision for His people. His eyes to see, His heart to feel. I have said it before, be careful what you ask the Lord to break your heart for because He is faithful to provide.

My vision included a large lump of coal in a masculine hand. The other hand sharply brought down a chisel, striking the coal at an angle. Pieces of the hard substance would fall away and I could see words impressed upon each fragment of darkness. Words like Shame, Torment, Guilt, Pain, Ugly, Castaway, Useless, Unworthy, Dirty, Disgusting, Sadness, Agony, and Despair. 

*Please, don't simply read that sentence. They aren't just words. Each is very raw, very real. They are feelings. Reread that. Allow it to penetrate your heart. Sometimes we all carry a piece of that darkness. We allow it to become apart of us. We claim it. We defend it.* 
  
As the hand chipped away all of the coal, not a black spec was left! 

The only thing remaining was an enormous diamond. The diamond seemed to spin in his hand. As it spun, it became a prism of dancing lights.

I prayed on this vision for a few days when it was revealed to me. The hand was that of our Father’s. The coal was the people of Congo. The Lord was chipping away at the devastation and hurts they have experienced. The light that made the diamond create a prism was that of God. He was cleansing His people so that they may shine not just for themselves, but also for others they encounter. 

He was showing me a His heart, which in turn became my own.

The vision was not alone. It came with one of those “God Whispers.” You know, over and over and over you get the same message. Psalm 34:5 all but hit me over the head for weeks. Finally I understood. 

As I spoke to the people of Congo, I told them my vision and followed it with “Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”


God is good. God is good.

Even among desolation and heartache. Even in the hearts of the women who have been brutally attacked, gang raped (so horrifically they needed reconstructive surgery) and cut open with machetes. Even the children who are malnourished and thirsty. Even the men who so desperately want to work to provide food for their homes and school fees for their children but only make pennies a day, if anything at all. They all proclaim the name of Jesus Christ. They all will tell you, God IS Good! In a crowd, if you say “Hallelujah,” you will quickly get back “Amen!” 

We could learn from the Congolese church. We should learn from the Congolese church. Their God is not one they simply visit on Sunday mornings. He is the God with whom they take refuge. He is not the God who causes pain. He is the God who restores. Not just the One they call on when things get rough and ignore when things are right. But the God who protects, heals, defends, and calls them His! 

Coming home I believe maybe that vision is also for the Church here! Allow the Lord of all of Creation chip away the blackness and reveal the diamond in you. May we as the Church (not a church but THE BRIDE of Christ!), rise up and SHINE together for our mighty God!

Don't turn your face and hide! Stand and proclaim with boldness the One who reigns.

Sifu Mungu, Hallelujah!
(Praise God, Hallelujah!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful stunning message. What a vision. You too were that lump of coal in the Fathers hand. I have watched over the years as He has chipped away little by little time after time to reveal the beautiful diamond that is you! I see all the beautiful prisms of light that shine His love through you. Thank you for that awesome word! dear sister.


My Garden by My Husband